A year ago, I didn’t know much about narcissists. And three years ago, I had no idea that the reason I suffered from depression and low self-esteem was due to narcissists who circled my life like vultures. I had been dealing with their manipulation and control my entire life until my Spirit Guides showed me a new path.
It’s not your imagination that you feel nauseated, dizzy, disoriented or that your head aches around certain people. You might literally feel a pain in your neck or spine around them. Some folks are outwardly irritating because they act like drama kings and queens or go on an endless litany about everything that’s wrong in their lives. You continually point out what’s working for them, but they never hear you.
Other folks rob you of your precious energy through covert actions that slowly over time erode your self-confidence and even leave you feeling sick. But you don’t have to give them access to your well-being any longer. Work with a life coach or therapist to change your behavior. Get smart. Watch coaching videos on YouTube if you don’t have the funds to pay for a coach. I recommend the Breakthrough Coach, Lisa Romano, but go with your own feelings.
In the meantime, here’s what I have learned from watching YouTube videos, doing the meditations, and testing these practices out in my own life. See if any of these tools work for you and stop providing food for narcissists and other people with toxic behaviors. Reclaim your power so that you can fulfill the reason you are on this planet. And enjoy your time on this planet free of people who feed off us. Ideally, when they lose all their feeding sources, they go into therapy and heal their gaping wounds.
- Don’t divulge personal information to strangers
- Get to know people slowly and don’t seek their approval of you
- Stop seeking validation from others (pray or meditate instead and connect to God)
- Lift your vibration before going outside of your home or in public
- If you’re having trouble balancing emotions, retreat and don’t engage with others
- Fake confidence if you must
- Lie and tell people your life is going great if you must
- Watch your posture
- Keep the focus on other people and off you
- Shield yourself even if that means carrying crystals on you
- Cut energy cords and clear chakras often
- Pre-pave the way by setting positive intentions (my friend taught me this)
- Hang out in nature or with animals
- Listen to uplifting music
- Stay clear of dramatic people and don’t engage with their drama
Oddly, I would like to thank the people who have modeled toxic behaviors to me, especially during the past three years. In a strange way, they lead me to my own wounding which I have chosen to heal through therapy and watching coaching videos on YouTube. I refuse to be a victim of bottom feeders any longer. Other people’s wounds are not my responsibility. Adults always have a choice to seek therapy, but they don’t if people allow them to feed off them. Don’t become food for a narcissist. Set yourself free.
Sign up for an astrology session or card reading at Whole Astrology. Let’s explore your hidden gifts and your life path. Also, check out my sample chart pages on this blog. They are listed at the top of the blog.